"Replacement of luminaires and introduction of an intelligent system for control and monitoring of street lighting in the town of. Sredets Municipality"
Grant Agreement No BGENERGY-2.001-0036-C01 of 02.03.2021 financed by the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021 (EEA Financial Mechanism) on the basis of a Memorandum of Understanding signed between the Republic of Bulgaria and Iceland, the Principality of Liechtenstein and the Kingdom of Norway.
Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, Energy Security Programme
Procedure BGENERGY-2.001-0036 "Rehabilitation and modernisation of municipal infrastructure - outdoor artificial lighting systems of municipalities"
Beneficiary" MEDEC MUNICIPALITY
Partner: Veilyskompetanse AS - Oslo, Norway
To increase energy efficiency and improve the quality of life in Sredets Municipality through rehabilitation and modernisation of the outdoor artificial lighting system in Sredets.
1. To reduce the cost of electricity and maintenance of street lighting.
2. To improve the living conditions of the population and the attractiveness of the municipality.
3. Strengthen bilateral relations with the Kingdom of Norway and increase the expertise of the municipal administration in the field of renewable energy, energy efficiency and energy management.
The main target group is the inhabitants of the town. Sredets
- Improved living conditions and increased traffic safety for vehicles and citizens as a direct result of the implemented activities for the modernization and rehabilitation of street lighting - estimated annual reduction of CO2 emissions - 521,96 tCO2.
- Reduced electricity costs for street lighting - Estimated annual monetary savings according to the Energy Efficiency Audit - BGN 73 676,36 incl. VAT.
- Sustainable bilateral relations between donor and beneficiary country built - 2 round tables and study visit in Bulgaria and Norway.
The project is in line with: the National Strategy for Regional Development 2012-2022, the National Development Programme for Bulgaria 2020, EU regional policy objectives and priorities and the Europe 2020 strategy.
THE EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY AND THE EUROPEAN UNION'S REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY, AS WELL AS THE EUROPEAN UNION'S REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT STRATEGY AND THE EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND'S STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES AND PRIORITIES FOR THE REGION.
The duration of the project is 12 months. /02.03.2021 - 02.03.2022 г./
510 622,28 BGN - 100% grant
Activity 1: Project Management
OBJECTIVE: Ensuring quality implementation of the project activities, control and monitoring of the effectiveness and efficiency of the spending of the BFP and the work.
For the implementation of the activity a team of the Beneficiary has been appointed - manager, technical and financial expert - employees of Sredets municipality and external expert - lawyer, who will prepare the necessary documents for the procurement; will conduct the necessary procedures; will participate in the project team meetings and will be responsible for signing contracts with the selected contractors.
The Mayor of Sredets Municipality will monitor all stages of the project implementation and will participate in the round tables and the study visit to Bulgaria and Norway.
Activity 2: Information and publicity
The activity foresees: design, production and distribution of information brochures - 600 pcs. - organisation and holding of 1 opening and 1 closing press conference with the assistance and participation of 3 experts of the Partner - publications in the media - creation of a project website with information in Bulgarian and English; the website will periodically publish information on the progress of the project, upcoming events, etc. - design and placement of 1 billboard for the duration of the project - design and placement of 1 permanent information board
Activity 3: Implementation of energy efficiency measures in accordance with the Energy Efficiency Survey and the Working Draft
The energy efficiency measures to be implemented according to the Energy Efficiency Audit Report and the approved Work Project include:
1. Replacement of lighting fixtures:
- Replacement of 1,068 lamps with new LED luminaires of modern design and high quality with reduced energy losses and increased luminous yield relative to the street category;
- installation on the existing poles of some of the new lamps that are intended for pedestrian areas or low speed traffic areas - 10 pieces 13,4 W , which will be provided with a set with bracing, solar panel, stand, panel complete with battery and power supply unit;
- the use of electronic starting and control equipment - driver complete, when replacing existing street lighting fixtures with new ones;
- achieving techno-economic performance that is significantly better than that of existing street lighting; etc.
2. Implementation of a Street Lighting Control and Monitoring System:
- for light accounting and k